Subject: New user needs more help
From: [email-masked] (Mike Pelletier)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 14:51:00 -0500

Ok, I tried your suggestions, but they were unsuccessful.

Here's how I go about it.  Where should the surface and image stuff go?

1. Enter lightwave

2. Go to modeler

3. Create a spaceship (for example) based on an enterprise shape with a
stretched ball for the body, one for each nacell, one for the bridge, a box for
attaching each nacell and bridge (3 separate boxes) and a disc for an engine at
the back.

For each part of the ship, I pick the appropriate shape, stretch and position
it, and then `make' it.

The final ship is made up of 8 pieces all on the screen.

Consider that I have no clue what I am doing.  Where would I go to put an
underwater surface on nacells and body, a blue surface on the struts, a
different blue on the bridge?

Give it to me step by step, as if I was an utter moron.  And the same for using
an image.

Thanks for taking the time to help out someone who is so lost, I may never find
my way out.

Well met and godspeed,
                      Giark